MUCINEX COUGH FOR KIDS MINI-MELTS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 5mg, guaifenesin 100mg; per packet; orange creme flavor; contains (phenylalanine 2mg, magnesium 6mg, sodium 2mg) per packet.
Indications for MUCINEX COUGH FOR KIDS MINI-MELTS:
Chest congestion. Cough.
Empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow. Do not chew. 2–4 packets every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
Empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow. Do not chew. <4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 1 packet every 4 hours. 6–11yrs: 1–2 packets every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
Antitussive + expectorant.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—20, 40; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored