MUCINEX DM OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 30mg + guaifenesin 600mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for MUCINEX DM:
Chest congestion. Cough.
Swallow whole. 1–2 tabs every 12 hours. Max: 4 tabs/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
Antitussive + expectorant.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—20, 40; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine