MUCINEX DM OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 30mg + guaifenesin 600mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for MUCINEX DM:
Chest congestion. Cough.
Swallow whole. 1–2 tabs every 12 hours. Max: 4 tabs/day.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs (see Contraindications).
Antitussive + expectorant.
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—20, 40; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies