Pediatric MS is predominantly inflammatory in nature, with a presentation that is similar to a number of other conditions.
A new warning has been added to the multiple sclerosis drug Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) after rare reports of patients suffering strokes and tears in the lining of the arteries in the head and neck.
Rates of multiple sclerosis relapse decrease during pregnancy but increase postpartum.
The rate and frequency of relapse vary for patients with multiple sclerosis, and many report not visiting a health care provider during relapse.
From September 2010 to February 2018, the FDA has identified 35 cases of severe increased disability accompanied by the presence of new lesions on MRI that occurred 2 to 24 weeks after stopping treatment with fingolimod.
According to a Phase 3b open-label study, Ocrevus may interfere with the effectiveness of non-live vaccines.
Investigators sought to determine relapse rates of multiple sclerosis decrease prior to pregnancy, during pregnancy, and postpartum.
Investigators propose that myelocortical multiple sclerosis may be a subtype of multiple sclerosis.
Cannabinoids may be mildly effective at treating spasticity, pain, and bladder dysfunction in adults with multiple sclerosis.
Investigators examine the role of physical activity and exercise in the modification of vascular comorbidities and risk factors in individuals with multiple sclerosis.
All participants were smokers or had either diabetes, cancer, depression, cardiovascular, respiratory, thyroid, or gastrointestinal disease and were receiving a DMT.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- APOE Genotype Coupled With Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation Increases Alzheimer's Risk
- Unplanned Pregnancy in Women With Epilepsy Increases Risk for Spontaneous Fetal Loss
- Epilepsy, Sleep Apnea, and SUDEP: A Closer Look
- HIT-Related Stress Linked to Burnout Among Physicians
- Risk Up for Later-Born Siblings of Children With ASD, ADHD