Multiple Sclerosis Guidelines: AAN's Recommendations for Initiating, Switching, Stopping Disease-Modifying Therapy
The new guidelines focus on helping clinicians decide when to initiate, switch, or discontinue disease-modifying therapies for multiple sclerosis.
Investigators assess the diagnostic value of 2 CSF biomarkers to distinguish pediatric acquired demyelinating syndromes from non-acquired demyelinating syndromes.
The NDA resubmission is in response to the FDA's Complete Response Letter issued in 2011 which requested an improved understanding of the safety risks and overall benefit-risk profile.
The combination of genetics and exposure to organic solvents in paints and varnishes increases the risk of multiple sclerosis.
Brain volume loss has nonlinear dynamics and limited reproducibility as a marker of therapeutic response in multiple sclerosis.
Reduced Disability Progression, Adverse Events Top Considerations When Selecting Multiple Sclerosis Therapy
A majority of the respondents in both groups identified reduced disability progression as a priority.
A combination of dalfampridine extended-release and physical therapy (PT) has shown efficacy for improving gait in people with multiple sclerosis
Differing formulations and ratios of the subjects' medical cannabis regimens have been accounted for, though further information about ratios of CBD and TCH are subject to change due to continued ongoing research.
Pain in patients with multiple sclerosis may affect their daily functioning regardless of disease severity.
Investigators assessed the effect of disease-modifying treatments on pain in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
The MS and monophasic ADS groups were compared using quantified melanin measurements via the DSM II Colorimeter; self-reported skin tones of fair, medium, olive, or dark; a self-reported race; and skin tone, which was self-reported using 10 numerical panels of color.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- High Treatment Adherence and Quality of Life Observed With Fingolimod
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Insurance Status Tied to Higher Self-Perceived Poor/Fair Health
- Early Treatment Failure More Likely With Carbamazepine vs Lamotrigine in Epilepsy
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Concurrent Non-Motor Functions Strongly Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Feeling Young May Be Reflected in Brain Structure