MY WAY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levonorgestrel 1.5mg; tabs.
GAVIS Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for MY WAY:
Prevention of pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse. Not for use as regular contraceptive.
Rule out pregnancy first. <17yrs: ℞ only. ≥17yrs: Take one single-dose as soon as possible but no later than 72hrs after unprotected intercourse. If vomiting occurs within 2hrs, may consider repeating dose.
Premenarchal: not applicable.
Known or suspected pregnancy.
See full labeling. Ectopic pregnancy. Not effective in terminating an existing pregnancy. Does not protect against STI/HIV. Not for use in postmenopausal women. Nursing mothers.
Drugs (eg, barbiturates, carbamazepine, phenytoin) or herbal products (eg, St. John's wort) that induce certain enzymes (eg, CYP3A4) may decrease effectiveness.
Heavier menstrual bleeding, nausea, abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure