Generic Name and Formulations:
Ethambutol HCl 100mg, 400mg+; tabs; +scored.
X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MYAMBUTOL:
Susceptible pulmonary tuberculosis with other antituberculars.
Give once daily. Initially 15mg/kg per day. Retreatment: 25mg/kg per day, after 60 days decrease to 15mg/kg per day. Renal dysfunction: reduce dose.
<13yrs: not recommended.
Test visual acuity before beginning therapy and periodically; monthly if dose exceeds 15mg/kg per day. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Gout. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dermatitis, pruritus, joint pain, GI upset, fever, malaise, headache, dizziness, confusion, peripheral neuritis, gout, reduced visual acuity, optic neuritis.
Tabs 100mg—100; 400mg—100, 1000
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Treatment Linked to Cognitive Scores in Breast Cancer Survivors