Generic Name and Formulations:
Micafungin sodium 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYCAMINE:
Treatment of Candidemia, acute disseminated candidiasis, Candida peritonitis and abscesses; and esophageal candidiasis. Prophylaxis of Candida infection in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 100mg/day (usual range 10–47 days). Esophageal: 150mg/day (usual range 10–30 days). Prophylaxis in HSCT: 50mg/day (usual range 6–51 days).
<4months: not established. Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥4months: Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 2mg/kg once daily; max 100mg/day. Esophageal: (≤30kg): 3mg/kg once daily; (>30kg): 2.5mg/kg once daily. Max: 150mg/day. Prophylaxis in HSCT: 1mg/kg once daily; max 50mg/day.
Hepatic impairment. Renal dysfunction. Monitor for evidence of worsening hepatic or renal function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sirolimus, itraconazole, nifedipine; monitor and reduce doses.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Inj site reactions, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, thrombocytopenia, headache, rash, pruritus, facial swelling, vasodilatation, phlebitis, increased alkaline phosphatase; hematological effects, abnormal liver function tests (eg, ALT/AST), acute renal failure, anaphylaxis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Undifferentiated Headaches Common in Children, Adolescents
- Smoking Associated With Increased Relapse Rate in Interferon Beta-Treated Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Frontotemporal Dementia, Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration Symptoms More Common Later in Life
- No Reduction in Cerebral Perfusion With Intensive Blood Pressure Lowering
- Successful Delirium Prevention in Critically Ill With Dexmedetomidine