Generic Name and Formulations:
Mirabegron 25mg, 50mg; ext-rel tabs.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYRBETRIQ:
Treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and urinary frequency.
Swallow whole. Initially 25mg once daily. May increase to 50mg once daily as needed or tolerated. Severe renal impairment or moderate hepatic impairment: max 25mg once daily. ESRD or severe hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Severe uncontrolled hypertension: not recommended. Monitor blood pressure periodically. Significant bladder outlet obstruction, patients taking antimuscarinic drugs for OAB: risk of urinary retention. Discontinue and treat if angioedema of the tongue, hypopharynx, or larynx occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate CYP2D6 substrates (eg, metoprolol, desipramine). Adjust dose and monitor esp. with narrow therapeutic index drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, thioridazine, flecainide, propafenone). Concomitant digoxin: use lowest digoxin dose initially (monitor and titrate).
Beta-3 adrenergic agonist.
Hypertension, nasopharyngitis, urinary tract infection, headache; angioedema.
Hepatic (CYP2D6, 3A4).
Tabs—30, 90, 100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies