Generic Name and Formulations:
Galsulfase 1mg/mL; conc. soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for NAGLAZYME:
Mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI).
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not recommended. ≥5yrs: Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. Initial infusion rate: 6mL/hr for the first hour, then, if tolerated, may increase to 80mL/hr for the remaining 3 hours. May extend infusion time up to 20 hours if infusion reactions occur. Pretreat with antihistamines w/wo antipyretics 30–60mins prior to starting infusion. 1mg/kg once weekly.
Discontinue if severe infusion reactions occur. Antihistamine pretreatment may increase risk of apneic episodes. Risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure in patients susceptible to fluid volume overload (eg, weighing ≤20kg, underlying respiratory illness, compromised cardiac and/or respiratory function). Consider evaluation of airway patency prior to treatment. Acute febrile or respiratory illness: delay infusion. Monitor for spinal/cervical cord compression (including back pain, limb paralysis, urinary and fecal incontinence). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase enzyme.
Rash, pain, urticaria, pyrexia, pruritus, chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dyspnea; infusion reactions.
Visit www.MPSVI.com/CSP or call (866) 906-6100 to participate in Clinical Surveillance Program.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd