Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 5.2mg/spray; nasal spray.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for NASALCROM:
Prevention and relief of nasal allergy symptoms.
Adults and Children:
Use on a regular basis. <2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 1 spray in each nostril every 4–6 hrs. Prevention: Begin 1 week before exposure to known allergen.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Transient stinging, sneezing.
Spray—13mL (100 sprays), 26mL (200 sprays)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL