Generic Name and Formulations:
Nesiritide 1.5mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for NATRECOR:
Acutely decompensated CHF with dyspnea at rest or with minimal activity.
2mcg/kg IV bolus once, then 0.01mcg/kg per minute by continuous IV infusion; limited experience with therapy >96 hours. Doses up to 0.03mcg/kg per minute have been used; see full labeling. Reduce dose or discontinue if symptomatic hypotension occurs.
Persistent systolic BP <100mmHg. Cardiogenic shock.
Not recommended in significant valvular stenosis, restrictive or obstructive cardiomyopathy, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade, other conditions where vasodilators are inappropriate, or when cardiac output is dependent on venous return, or in patients with low cardiac filling pressures. Impaired renal function (esp if severe heart failure); monitor serum creatinine during and after therapy until stabilized. Monitor BP closely. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vasodilator (human B-type natriuretic peptide).
Hypotension potentiated by ARBs and/or ACE inhibitors.
Hypotension, headache, nausea, back pain, dizziness; hypersensitivity.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd