Neomycin/Polymyxin B Sulfates/Dexamethasone Oph Oint Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin (as sulfate) 3.5mg, polymyxin B sulfate 10000 Units, dexamethasone 0.1%; per g.
Indications for Neomycin/Polymyxin B Sulfates/Dexamethasone Oph Oint:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
Apply small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to 3–4 times daily; max 8g per therapeutic course.
Ocular fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Do not inject into the eye. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP, and for secondary infections in prolonged use. Discontinue if sensitization reaction occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local irritation, sensitization (itching, swelling, conjunctival erythema), masks infection, delays healing; in prolonged use: increased IOP, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL