Depression is one of the most commonly reported complications resulting from stroke.
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain.
Methylphenidate should be considered as a first choice for the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents.
There is a modest, but statistically significant, association between higher frequency of digital media use and subsequent symptoms of ADHD among adolescents.
From 2000 through 2011 there was an increase in pediatric ADHD medication exposures reported to US poison control centers.
Lundbeck announced that the FDA has approved a sNDA for Trintellix to include data regarding improved processing speed.
Reductions in bilateral frontal, parietal, and temporal lobe gray matter volumes found in ADHD.
Adolescent females at high familial risk of depression who do not go on to develop depression have compensatory functional connectivity patterns in emotion regulatory networks.
Use of HIRREM, a closed-loop, allostatic, acoustic, stimulation neurotechnology can reduce PTSD symptoms, insomnia and depression in veterans.
For adults with bipolar depression, tDCS seems to be safe and effective as an add-on intervention.
No overall difference in terms of total brain volume or total gray and white matter volume for children with ADHD and control subjects was observed.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure