Depression is one of the most commonly reported complications resulting from stroke.
Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) uses magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain.
Methylphenidate should be considered as a first choice for the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents.
There is a modest, but statistically significant, association between higher frequency of digital media use and subsequent symptoms of ADHD among adolescents.
From 2000 through 2011 there was an increase in pediatric ADHD medication exposures reported to US poison control centers.
Lundbeck announced that the FDA has approved a sNDA for Trintellix to include data regarding improved processing speed.
Reductions in bilateral frontal, parietal, and temporal lobe gray matter volumes found in ADHD.
Adolescent females at high familial risk of depression who do not go on to develop depression have compensatory functional connectivity patterns in emotion regulatory networks.
Use of HIRREM, a closed-loop, allostatic, acoustic, stimulation neurotechnology can reduce PTSD symptoms, insomnia and depression in veterans.
For adults with bipolar depression, tDCS seems to be safe and effective as an add-on intervention.
No overall difference in terms of total brain volume or total gray and white matter volume for children with ADHD and control subjects was observed.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder