For breast cancer survivors, treatment and age-related phenotypes and genotypes are associated with a longitudinal decrease in cognitive function.
Behavioral activation that increases mental, physical, and social activity may prevent cognitive and functional decline in older black patients.
For older cancer patients undergoing major cancer surgery, propofol-based general anesthesia may reduce the incidence of delayed neurocognitive recovery vs sevoflurane-based general anesthesia.
Area-level deprivation is an independent risk factor for cognitive dysfunction in older adults.
Cognitive disability is the most prevalent disability type among young adults, while middle-aged and older adults have the highest prevalence of mobility disability.
Many published news articles included details of the MoCA in association with President Trump, some of which invited readers to self-administer the test.
Older adults' worsening vision may drive declines in cognitive function.
More than 11% of adults aged ≥45 years in the United States report subjective cognitive decline.
For individuals without neurodegenerative disease, a thinner retinal nerve fiber layer is associated with worse cognitive function.
The six-minute walk distance test is useful in identifying patients with a higher likelihood of developing postoperative cognitive dysfunction following cardiac surgery.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure