Future studies on VR training for MS should include large randomized controlled trials using clear protocols and comparable between-group tasks.
Fingolimod shows superior efficacy to interferon beta-1a in pediatric multiple sclerosis: the PARADIGMS trial
Among pediatric patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis, fingolimod was associated with a lower annualized rate of relapse and lower incidence of new lesions identified on T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) compared to interferon beta-1a.
Investigators examine the role of physical activity and exercise in the modification of vascular comorbidities and risk factors in individuals with multiple sclerosis.
All participants were smokers or had either diabetes, cancer, depression, cardiovascular, respiratory, thyroid, or gastrointestinal disease and were receiving a DMT.
Natural history data from a subset of patients from the British Columbia MS database between 1980 to 1996 were used to create a continuous Markov model to model the projected course of disease in untreated people with RMS.
Compared with Copaxone injection, treatment with oral Gilenya significantly reduced the annualized relapse rate in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis.
Researchers categorized samples into quintiles based on 25(OH)D3 concentrations in healthy controls.
Patients with progressive MS or secondary progressive MS who were receiving care at a single institution in France were prescribed 300 mg/day MD1003.
In patients with relapse-remitting multiple sclerosis, the initiation of oral disease-modifying therapies is associated with a lower relapse risk as well as a lower risk for disability progression.
Disability progression is slower among patients with pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis.
Patients with MS also have a higher risk for serious hospitalized-related infections compared with hospitalized patients without MS.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure