Most patients undergoing skull base irradiation for cancer do not have detectable cognitive impairment.
The use of postoperative stereotactic radiosurgery could be a substitute for whole-brain radiotherapy, which has been linked to cognitive adverse effects.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
Two years post-enrollment, 43% of patients in the combination therapy group were alive.
Anthracycline-based chemotherapy was associated with worse cognitive outcomes than nonanthracycline chemo.
The adaptive trial design will allow GBM patients to benefit from precision medicine.
Researchers found that brain tumor mutations could be detected from ctDNA in cerebrospinal fluid.
The training sessions improved measures of working memory, attention, and processing speed.
As many as 50% of neurotoxic chemotherapy patients experience CPN.
A reduction primarily in grey matter and expansion of the brain's ventricles was observed.
Researchers found a decrease in use of radiation treatment after 2005.
Two studies classified gliomas into distinct subtypes by analyzing their genomes.
Treatment does not cause significant increase in incidence of intracranial hemorrhage
Survival rates were similar for both methods, but targeted radiation helped preserve cognition.
Many are willing to pay out of pocket for the test.
Watson can analyze and interpret genetic data in minutes — a process that normally takes physicians weeks to complete.
The combination of two histone inhibitors seemed to slow DIPG cell growth even further.
The ability to focus and maintain concentration seems to be directly affected in "chemo brain."
Great awareness among pediatricians will allow them to better counsel concerned parents and make referrals to subspecialists.
Researchers also found mechanisms of cell survival in ischemic regions of brain tumor.
On average, 65% of cancer patients survived after a period of 5 years, but survival was lower among black people.
Patients with ALL who have a variant of gene CEP72 may experience more frequent and severe neuropathy while on vincristine.
Procarbazine, CCNU, and vincristine administered after radiation therapy was shown to improve survival in gliomas.
Brittany Maynard's physician-assisted suicide has reignited the "death with dignity" debate that challenges the ethical standards of the medical profession.
Patients with breast cancer, head and neck cancer and malignant melanoma particularly are at risk of developing a mental health disorder, a new study shows.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis