Results from the small study are promising.
In women with NMOSD, 42.9% of pregnancies ended in miscarriage compared with 12-24% in the general population.
Those treated with levodopa saw macular degeneration onset later than controls.
Optic ultrasound is a fast and easy, noninvasive way to measure intracranial pressure.
An anti-LINGO-1 monoclonal antibody showed some success in treating optic neuritis but missed many study endpoints.
Mycophenolate mofetil effectively eliminated relapses in 60% of patients with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder.
Multiple sclerosis patients with uveitis tend to be female and older in age, according to new research.
Visual assessments are useful in evaluating minor traumatic brain injury in the field as well as for the understanding of long-term repercussions.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis