More powerful MRI helps researchers map brain fiber pathways to better understand diseases like Alzheimer's, autism, MS, and TBI.
Doctors' intuition plays a role in determining how many imaging tests are ordered for a patient.
These Medication Guides should be provided the first time an outpatient receives a GBCA injection at an MRI center; hospital patients are not required to receive a Medication Guide.
Cognitive decline was not accelerated because of gadolinium buildup in the brain.
MRI may be used to identify Parkinson disease biomarkers that can inform diagnosis, track disease progression, and elucidate the neurobiological underpinnings of symptoms.
Transporting neonates from the intensive care unit to MRI suites can pose challenges to care and patient safety.
In addition to ultrasonography, MRI improved diagnostic accuracy and had an impact on prognoses in cases of fetal brain abnormalities.
The assessments revealed that damage in the frontal lobes mattered more than damage in other brain locations.
The magnetic resonance environment poses safety risks for patients with implantable infusion pumps.
Functional MRI may provide a less-invasive option for evaluating memory function in patients undergoing epilepsy surgery.
More structured MRI reports may aid in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Survival in Parkinson Disease Dependent on Parkinsonian Type, Characteristics
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Mobile Health Apps for Headache: An Ongoing Search for Clinical Relevancy
- CBD Superior to Placebo, Similar to AEDs for Managing Epilepsy Syndromes
- Young Fresh Frozen Plasma Infusion Safe, Feasible in Alzheimer Disease
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Hydrocephalus May Be a Complication of Congenial Zika Syndrome
- Higher CSF NfL Protein Levels Linked to Risk for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Addressing Cognitive Impairment in Pediatric MS: Expert Q&A
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities