MRI may be used to identify Parkinson disease biomarkers that can inform diagnosis, track disease progression, and elucidate the neurobiological underpinnings of symptoms.
Transporting neonates from the intensive care unit to MRI suites can pose challenges to care and patient safety.
In addition to ultrasonography, MRI improved diagnostic accuracy and had an impact on prognoses in cases of fetal brain abnormalities.
The assessments revealed that damage in the frontal lobes mattered more than damage in other brain locations.
The magnetic resonance environment poses safety risks for patients with implantable infusion pumps.
Functional MRI may provide a less-invasive option for evaluating memory function in patients undergoing epilepsy surgery.
More structured MRI reports may aid in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis.
Findings suggest that interactions between beta-amyloid and tau lead to neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's.
The FDA previously investigated the effects of gadolinium deposits in the brain.
The personalized approach to treatment could help prevent trial-and-error periods.
Seizures were one of the most common reasons pediatric patients received CT scans.
Leukocortical lesions were found to have the greatest effect on cognition.
It's not clear whether the brain deposits are harmful or have long-term health effects.
Retinal atrophy may be used to monitor disease status.
Clinical trials are underway to evaluate if access to amyloid PET scans affects treatment decisions in dementia.
Those from the poorest households had the greatest deficits.
SPECT detected the subtle functional and structural changes in the brain between those with PTSD, TBI, or both.
Brain lesions smaller than 3mm associated with three times the risk of stroke and stroke-related death.
Brain abnormalities have been linked to symptoms of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome in women.
The revised guidelines stress the use of high-quality imaging and consistency in images taken.
Neuroimaging could enable better classification of patients and provide information on affected brain regions.
The positive correlation could mean that migraineurs are unable to direct attention away from painful stimuli.
Researchers set out to validate the new hippocampal measurement protocol against known markers for Alzheimer's.
Greater connectivity between regions that control decision making and actions was observed in the explorer group
Those with increased connectivity had lower BDI scores following treatment and over time.
Only a small percentage of the patients that underwent head CT had abnormal findings.
Use of imaging in headache increased by over four percentage points, but counseling fell by five percentage points.
Kamil Ugurbil, PhD, is leading the monumental 5-year Human Connectome brain imaging project that's making use of 7T MRI technology.
Gadabutrol (Gadavist) has been approved by the FDA as an MRI-contrast agent for patients aged 2 and younger.
Similar brain abnormalities could indicate a common pathophysiology between the diseases.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Early Clinical Traits of Multiple Sclerosis Prodrome Identified
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies
- Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Attacks May Be Associated With Cortical Swelling
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Fremanezumab May Have Long-Term Efficacy as a Prophylactic for Chronic Migraine
- Propofol May Decrease Delay in Neurocognitive Recovery