Generic Name and Formulations:
Pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; tabs; with meth-deterring Impede technology.
Acura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NEXAFED:
Nasal or sinus congestion.
Swallow whole with water. 60mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: do not use without consultation. Swallow whole with water. 6–11yrs: 30mg every 4–6 hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Reevaluate if no improvements after 7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Drug Prices Increase More Than Expected After Shortages
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction