NEXIUM 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Esomeprazole 20mg (equivalent to 22.3mg esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate); delayed-release caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for NEXIUM 24HR:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 20mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Heartburn >3 months. Frequent wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days; >1 course of treatment every 4 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Proton pump inhibitor.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin, clopidogrel, cilostazol), antifungals, digoxin, diazepam, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, antiretrovirals, methotrexate.
Diarrhea, rash, joint pain; discontinue if occurs.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored