Most Recent Articles by Nicola Davies
Current evidence highlights the potential role of cross-talk between the enteric and central nervous systems and the pathogenesis of Parkinson disease.
DBS has been known to generate other movement-related disorders such as dyskinesias, blepharospasm, and hypokinesia.
ICU-acquired weakness syndromes manifest themselves in a range of ways among patients — as a spectrum of disease rather than in specific form.
In this article, we explore research findings to provide a deeper understanding of the factors associated with increased risk for impulse control disorders in Parkinson disease. Deputy Director of the Parkinson's UK charity, Professor David Dexter, also provides insights on the mechanisms of impulse control disorders and the implications of new findings on the management of Parkinson disease.
The focus on enhanced cognitive function could sideline equally important aspects of life such as health and relationships.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored