Generic Name and Formulations:
Nilutamide 150mg; tabs.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for NILANDRON:
Metastatic prostate cancer (Stage D2), as an adjunct to surgical castration.
300mg once daily for 30 days then 150mg once daily, starting day of or day after surgical castration.
Severe hepatic impairment or respiratory insufficiency.
Obtain baseline liver and pulmonary function tests, routine chest X-ray. Monitor for interstitial pneumonitis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Monitor liver function for first 4 months then periodically; discontinue if ALT > 2xULN or jaundice occurs. May discolor urine or sclera. Pregnancy (not for use in women). Nursing mothers.
Monitor drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, Vit. K antagonists, theophylline, phenytoin); may need to adjust dose. May cause alcohol intolerance.
Hot flushes, impaired night vision, GI upset, increased liver enzymes, constipation, dizziness, abnormal vision, hypertension, hepatitis, interstitial pneumonitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease