Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg/spray; lingual pump spray.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for NITROLINGUAL:
Acute attacks and prophylaxis of angina.
1–2 sprays at onset of attack, onto or under tongue while sitting; max 3 sprays/15 minutes. May use prophylactically 5–10 minutes before exertion. Do not inhale spray. Do not rinse mouth for 5–10 minutes after use.
Acute or recent MI. Hypotension. Monitor for tolerance. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Volume depletion. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with sildenafil, alcohol, vasodilators, calcium channel blockers, other vasoactive drugs. Do not use epinephrine to treat hypotension from nitrate overdose.
Headache, dizziness, flushing, orthostatic hypotension, paresthesia, tachycardia, nausea, rash.
Spray—12g (200 metered sprays); 4.9g (60 metered sprays)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd