Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg/actuation; lingual aerosol spray.
Mist Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for NITROMIST:
Acute attacks and prophylaxis of angina.
1–2 sprays at onset of attack, on or under tongue while sitting; may repeat every 5 minutes as needed; max 3 sprays/15 minutes. May use prophylactically 5–10 minutes before exertion. Do not inhale spray. Do not rinse mouth for 5–10 minutes after use.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil), riociguat. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depletion. Hypotension. Acute MI. CHF. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Product is flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with PDE5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, β-blockers, calcium channel blockers, alcohol. May be potentiated by aspirin. Nitroglycerin (IV) may antagonize t-PA, heparin (monitor APTT). Avoid concomitant ergotamine and related drugs. Do not use epinephrine to treat hypotension from nitrate overdose.
Headache (may be severe), flushing, rash, hypotension, syncope.
Bottles—4.1g (90 metered sprays), 8.5g (230 metered sprays)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure