Generic Name and Formulations:
Permethrin 1%; crm rinse.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for NIX:
Treatment of head lice.
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not recommended. ≥2mos: apply to washed and towel-dried hair, saturating hair and scalp. Allow to remain on hair for 10mins, then rinse. Remove nits with provided comb. Repeat after ≥7 days if living lice still observed. Wash or dryclean bedding and clothing appropriately.
Avoid eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina. Ragweed allergy. May cause breathing difficulty or asthmatic attack. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, dyspnea.
Rinse (w. comb)—2oz, 4oz (2 x 2oz)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure