Nizatidine Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nizatidine 150mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nizatidine Capsules:
Active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcer. Benign gastric ulcer. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): including heartburn and erosive and ulcerative esophagitis.
Active duodenal or benign gastric ulcer: 300mg daily at bedtime or 150mg twice daily, both for up to 8 weeks. Maintenance: 150mg daily at bedtime. GERD: 150mg twice daily for up to 12 weeks. Renal impairment: see literature.
Rule out malignant gastric ulceration. Renal insufficiency, reduce dose (see literature). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May elevate serum salicylate levels in high-dose aspirin patients.
Headache, anemia, diarrhea, dizziness, sweating, rhinitis, urticaria.
Formerly known under the brand name Axid.
Caps—contact supplier; Soln—480mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Drug Prices Increase More Than Expected After Shortages
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction