NOVOSEVEN RT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Recombinant Coagulation Factor VIIa (rFVIIa) Room Temperature Stable 1mg, 2mg, 5mg, 8mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for NOVOSEVEN RT:
Treatment of bleeding and peri-operative management in adults and children with Hemophilia A and B with inhibitors, congenital Factor VII deficiency, and Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia refractory to platelet transfusions, with or without antibodies to platelets. Treatment of bleeding and peri-operative management in adults with acquired hemophilia.
Adults and Children:
See full labeling. Give by IV bolus only. Individualize; base treatment schedule modification on hemostasis evaluation. Hemophilia A or B with inhibitors: Bleeding: 90mcg/kg every 2hrs, adjust until hemostasis is achieved; post-hemostatic dosing: continue at 3–6hrs intervals for severe bleeds. Peri-operative: initially 90mcg/kg prior to surgery, repeat at 2hr intervals during surgery; minor (post-surgical dosing): every 2hrs for 48hrs, then every 2–6hrs until healed; major (post-surgical dosing): every 2hrs for 5 days, then every 4hrs until healed. Congenital Factor VII deficiency: Bleeding: 15–30mcg/kg every 4–6hrs until hemostasis is achieved; Peri-operative: 15–30mcg/kg prior to surgery, repeat every 4–6hrs during surgery and until hemostasis is achieved. Glanzmann’s thrombasthenia: Bleeding: 90mcg/kg every 2–6hrs until hemostasis is achieved; Peri-operative: initially 90mcg/kg prior to surgery, repeat every 2hrs during surgery, then every 2–6hrs post-surgical. Acquired hemophilia: Bleeding: 70–90mcg/kg every 2–3hrs until hemostasis is achieved; Peri-operative: 70–90mcg/kg prior to surgery, repeat every 2–3hrs during surgery and until hemostasis is achieved.
Risk of serious arterial and venous thromboembolic events. Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), advanced atherosclerotic disease, crush injury, septicemia, uncontrolled post-partum hemorrhage, history of coronary heart disease, hepatic disease, post-op immobilization, elderly, neonates; increased risk of developing thrombotic events. Monitor for signs/symptoms of coagulation activation or thrombosis; discontinue or reduce dose if occur. Monitor prothrombin time and FVII coagulant activity before and after dosing in FVII deficiency. Perform analysis for antibodies if factor VIIa activity fails to reach expected level. Mouse, hamster, or bovine protein hypersensitivity. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant activated or non-activated prothrombin complex concentrates; may increase risk of thrombotic events. Do not mix with infusion solutions. Concomitant Coagulation Factor XIII may cause thrombosis.
Thrombotic events, fever, fibrinogen plasma decreased, hypertension, headache, nausea, dyspnea; pain, thrombophlebitis, pulmonary embolism, decreased therapeutic response, cerebrovascular disorder, angina pectoris, abnormal hepatic function, DIC, hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue and treat if occur).
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent); MixPro—1 (single-use vial + pre-filled diluent syringe + vial adapter)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Predicting Seizure Risk Following Ischemic Stroke With SeLECT Score
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Exome-Targeted Capture Sequencing Can Diagnose Previously-Undetected Ataxia
- Strategies for Preventing and Treating Delirium
- High Total Cholesterol Neuroprotective Against Cognitive Decline