Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; pwd for oral solution.
Indications for NUTRESTORE:
Short bowel syndrome in conjunction with nutritional support and recombinant human growth hormone therapy.
Take with food at 2–3 hour intervals while awake. 30g/day in divided doses (5g taken 6 times daily) for up to 16 weeks; may delay dose up to 2 hours if transiently intolerant to oral intake.
Not for parenteral use. Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Infection, GI events (eg, tenesmus, flatulence), fever, depression, headache, hypoesthesia, pruritus, nail disorder.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd