NYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 18mg (original) or 19mg (cherry) per 15mL; original or cherry flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for NYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID:
Cough, sore throat, rhinorrhea, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
30mL every 6hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disoders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
LiquiCaps—12, 20, 40, 60; Liq—6oz, 10oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis
- Early Onset of Efficacy After Erenumab Treatment in Chronic and Episodic Migraines