Nystatin Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nystatin Oral Suspension:
4–6mL (½ of dose on each side of mouth) 4 times daily. Retain in mouth as long as possible before swallowing.
Infants: 2mL 4 times daily (1mL on each side of mouth). Older children: as adult.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smear and/or culture. Continue treatment for at least 48 hrs after clinical cure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, GI distress, nausea, vomiting, oral irritation.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycostatin.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics