Nystatin Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nystatin Oral Suspension:
4–6mL (½ of dose on each side of mouth) 4 times daily. Retain in mouth as long as possible before swallowing.
Infants: 2mL 4 times daily (1mL on each side of mouth). Older children: as adult.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smear and/or culture. Continue treatment for at least 48 hrs after clinical cure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, GI distress, nausea, vomiting, oral irritation.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycostatin.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL