Ofloxacin Otic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ofloxacin Otic Solution:
Otitis externa in adults and children. Chronic suppurative otitis media in adults with perforated tympanic membrane. Acute otitis media in children with tympanostomy tubes.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. Otitis externa: 6mos–13yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. ≥13yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. Both: treat for 7 days. Acute otitis media: 1–12yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 10 days. Chronic suppurative otitis media: ≥12yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pruritus, taste perversion, local reactions, dizziness, earache, headache, vertigo, superinfection, paresthesia, rash.
Formerly known under the brand name Floxin Otic.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis