Generic Name and Formulations:
Clobetasol propionate 0.05%; emulsion aerosol foam.
Indications for OLUX-E:
≥12yrs: apply thin layer to affected area(s) twice daily (AM & PM); max 50g/week or 21 capfuls/week and 2 consecutive week's treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Wash hands after application. Do not occlude.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid use on face, axillae, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Increased risk of posterior subcapsular cataracts and glaucoma; monitor for visual symptoms. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Product is flammable. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, pruritus, erythema, skin atrophy, folliculitis, dermal cracking and fissuring, telangiectasia, striae; allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd