Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenylephrine 1%, ketorolac 0.3%; intraocular soln after dilution.
Indications for OMIDRIA:
To maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis and reducing post-op ocular pain during cataract surgery or intraocular lens replacement, when added to an ocular irrigating solution.
Adults and Children:
Dilute 4mL of solution in 500mL of ocular irrigating solution. Use as needed for surgical procedure.
May elevate blood pressure. Aspirin or NSAID sensitivity. History of asthma. Pregnancy (avoid in 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Alpha-1 agonist + NSAID.
Eye irritation, posterior capsule opacification, increased intraocular pressure, anterior chamber inflammation.
Single-patient-use vials (4mL)—4, 10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics