The advantages of oral prednisone include "being less expensive and more convenient to access and administer and [being] preferred by patients to [intravenous] methylprednisolone."
Using the inter-eye percentage difference may help surpass limitations associated with device and proprietary segmentation algorithms.
Opicinumab may potentially enhance spontaneous remyelination after acute optic neuritis.
There were no significant associations for alternative risk factors after controlling for radiation dosage.
There was a significant association between the average GCIP thickness and MSFC scores.
While the effect is modest, researchers believe the findings will influence future repair studies.
Those treated with phenytoin saw a 30% reduction in retinal nerve fiber loss.
The drug was tested in patients with optic neuritis, but is now being evaluated in patients with multiple sclerosis.
An anti-LINGO-1 monoclonal antibody showed some success in treating optic neuritis but missed many study endpoints.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Screening Tool Differentiates Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Parkinson Disease
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans