The advantages of oral prednisone include "being less expensive and more convenient to access and administer and [being] preferred by patients to [intravenous] methylprednisolone."
Using the inter-eye percentage difference may help surpass limitations associated with device and proprietary segmentation algorithms.
Opicinumab may potentially enhance spontaneous remyelination after acute optic neuritis.
There were no significant associations for alternative risk factors after controlling for radiation dosage.
There was a significant association between the average GCIP thickness and MSFC scores.
While the effect is modest, researchers believe the findings will influence future repair studies.
Those treated with phenytoin saw a 30% reduction in retinal nerve fiber loss.
The drug was tested in patients with optic neuritis, but is now being evaluated in patients with multiple sclerosis.
An anti-LINGO-1 monoclonal antibody showed some success in treating optic neuritis but missed many study endpoints.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics