Generic Name and Formulations:
Carboxymethylcellulose sodium 0.5%, glycerin 0.9%; oph soln; contains Purite.
Indications for OPTIVE:
Adults and Children:
1–2 drops as needed.
Reevaluate if irritation, eye pain, or visual changes worsen or persist beyond 72 hours.
Optive—15mL, 30mL; Sensitive—0.4mL (30 disposable, single-use vials)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency