Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 50mg; buccal tablet.
Midatech Pharma US Inc.
Indications for ORAVIG:
Local treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Do not crush, chew, or swallow. Alternate application site. Apply to upper gum region, hold in place for 30 seconds to ensure adhesion. ≥16yrs: 50mg once daily in the AM for 14 consecutive days.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Allergy to milk protein concentrate.
History of hypersensitivity to azoles; monitor and discontinue if allergic reactions develop. Hepatic Impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulant effects with warfarin (monitor PT, INR, evidence of bleeding). Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 (eg, oral hypoglycemics, phenytoin, ergot alkaloids).
Diarrhea, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, upper abdominal pain, vomiting, possible allergic reactions.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure