Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 100mg; sust-rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
100mg twice daily (AM and PM).
Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency, or arrhythmias. Asthma (inj). Monitor blood, urine, and liver in long-term use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants, MAOIs, antidepressants. Tremors, mental confusion with propoxyphene. Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, other anticholinergic effects (eg, weakness, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention, blurred vision, dry mouth), GI upset.
Formerly known under the brand name Norflex.
Norflex inj (YES)
Tabs—contact supplier; Amps (2mL)—6
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Apheresis Associated With Clinical Improvement in Early Active Multiple Sclerosis
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- A Convenient Truth: The Problem With Seizure Under-Reporting and How to Fix It
- Incidence of Serotonin Syndrome With Co-Prescription of Triptans, Antidepressants
- Idiopathic Parkinson Disease May Increase Risk for Overactive Bladder
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective as Adjunctive Treatment for Refractory Epilepsy