Generic Name and Formulations:
Octoxynol-9 1% (50mg/applicatorful); contraceptive jelly; contains parabens.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for ORTHO-GYNOL:
1 teaspoonful spread over the surface and rim of diaphragm prior to intercourse provides 6 hrs protection. Reapply prior to each intercourse (if used with diaphragm do not remove diaphragm; use applicator). Do not remove before 6 hrs following intercourse. Extr Str may be used with condom or alone: 1 applicatorful into vagina up to 1 hr before intercourse and before each additional intercourse. For all: use with each intercourse regardless of day of menstrual cycle.
Discontinue if irritation occurs.
Local vaginal or penile irritation.
Gynol—2.5oz, 3.8oz (w. applicator)
Gynol Ext Str—2.85g (w. applicator)
Ortho-Gynol—3.8oz (w. applicator)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd