ORTHO MICRONOR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ORTHO MICRONOR:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Premenarchal: not recommended.
Known or suspected breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Ectopic pregnancy (monitor). Increased risk of breast cancer. Do physical exams at least annually. Monitor carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48hrs if taken 3hrs or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenytoin, carbamazepine, barbiturates, rifampin, St. John's Wort, bosentan). May affect lab tests (eg, sex hormone binding globulins, thyroid).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, headache, breast tenderness, nausea, dizziness; delayed follicular atresia, ovarian cysts, androgenic effects (rare).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd