Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium, elemental (as carbonate) 500mg; tabs; chew tabs.
Indications for OS-CAL:
Take with meals. 1 tab 2–3 times daily.
Blocks tetracycline absorption. Calcium absorption decreased by corticosteroids, foods such as rhubarb, spinach, bran.
GI discomfort, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria.
500, 500+D—75, 160
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure