Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin 6% (60mg/mL); otic susp; preservative-free.
Indications for OTIPRIO:
Bilateral otitis media with effusion undergoing tympanostomy tube placement. Acute otitis externa due to P. aeruginosa and S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. For intratympanic or otic administration only. ≥6mos: Otitis media: give as one 0.1mL (6mg) single dose into each affected ear, following suctioning of middle ear effusion. Otitis externa: give as one 0.2mL (12mg) single dose to the external ear canal of each affected ear.
Potential for microbial overgrowth (eg, bacteria, fungi); if infections occur, use alternatives. Pregnancy.
Nasopharyngitis, irritability, ear pruritus, headache, otitis media, ear discomfort.
Single-patient use vial—1mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics