Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin 6% (60mg/mL); otic susp; preservative-free.
Indications for OTIPRIO:
Bilateral otitis media with effusion undergoing tympanostomy tube placement. Acute otitis externa due to P. aeruginosa and S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. For intratympanic or otic administration only. ≥6mos: Otitis media: give as one 0.1mL (6mg) single dose into each affected ear, following suctioning of middle ear effusion. Otitis externa: give as one 0.2mL (12mg) single dose to the external ear canal of each affected ear.
Potential for microbial overgrowth (eg, bacteria, fungi); if infections occur, use alternatives. Pregnancy.
Nasopharyngitis, irritability, ear pruritus, headache, otitis media, ear discomfort.
Single-patient use vial—1mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL