Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin 0.3%, fluocinolone acetonide 0.025%; otic soln; preservative-free.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for OTOVEL:
Acute otitis media in pediatric patients with tympanostomy tubes due to S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, M. catarrhalis, P. aeruginosa.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not studied. ≥6 months: 1 vial (0.25mL) into affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Viral otic infections (eg, varicella, herpes simplex, fungal).
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week or if ≥2 episodes occur within 6 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Otorrhea, excessive granulation tissue, ear infection, ear pruritus, tympanic membrane disorder, auricular swelling, balance disorder.
Single-dose vials (0.25mL)—14
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Ozanimod Reduces Severe Relapses in Multiple Sclerosis More Than Interferon Beta-1a