OVACE WASH Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium sulfacetamide 10%.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for OVACE WASH:
Seborrheic dermatitis. Dandruff. Secondary cutaneous bacterial infection.
Seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff: Wash affected areas twice daily (AM & PM). Apply to affected areas, massage into skin, rinse thoroughly, pat dry and repeat after 10–20 seconds. Repeat for 8–10 days; reduce frequency as conditon improves. Secondary cutaneous bacterial infection: Massage into skin for 10–20 seconds then rinse; repeat for 8–10 days.
Discontinue if sensitization, rash, arthritis, fever or mouth sores develop. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, broken skin. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Incompatible with silver preparations.
Local irritation; rare: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic toxic reactions.
Wash—6oz, 12oz, 16oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics