Pain Feature Archive
Assessments showed a 66% reduction in pain during the session and a 33% reduction in pain at the end of the session.
Catastrophizing makes pain more painful, makes it last longer, and makes pain much harder to treat.
The new guidelines offer guidance on dosing, including reduced starting and maintenance dosing and safety precautions for diagnosing and treating complications.
New research suggests that fibromyalgia is primarily a peripheral nerve disorder that causes central nervous system sensitization.
Addressing neuropathy early on in prediabetes is essential to successful symptom management.
Lynn Webster, MD, calls out media reports on a new study that claims opioid use during pregnancy may be harmful to infants.
Studies have shown CBT to be as effective as medication and less costly for fibromyalgia treatment.
Developing drugs that selectively block specific sodium channels could be the holy grail of neuropathic pain treatment.
Treating pain in psychiatric patients can be complicated by poor communication and numerous symptoms.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Survival in Parkinson Disease Dependent on Parkinsonian Type, Characteristics
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Mobile Health Apps for Headache: An Ongoing Search for Clinical Relevancy
- CBD Superior to Placebo, Similar to AEDs for Managing Epilepsy Syndromes
- Young Fresh Frozen Plasma Infusion Safe, Feasible in Alzheimer Disease
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Hydrocephalus May Be a Complication of Congenial Zika Syndrome
- Higher CSF NfL Protein Levels Linked to Risk for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Addressing Cognitive Impairment in Pediatric MS: Expert Q&A
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities