There is a growing emphasis on provider responsibility with the increasing focus of the overprescribing of opioids.
An ultrarestrictive opioid prescription protocol can reduce the number of opioids prescribed to patients after gynecologic and abdominal surgery without negative health consequences.
Military patients whose primary care clinicians participated in a telementoring program have larger declines in opioid-related prescriptions than patients whose clinicians did not participate.
The vote was taken in a joint meeting of the Anesthetic and Analgesic Drug Products Advisory Committee and Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee.
The FDA has issued a safety communication regarding the risks associated with implanted pumps for intrathecal administration of pain medications.
The quantity of opioids prescribed after surgery is associated with patient-reported opioid consumption.
The number of opioid overdose deaths in the United States reached a new record last year with 72,000 deaths, which works out to about 200 a day.
Ruling against the recommendation of one of its chief experts, the US FDA approved an extremely potent new opioid painkiller, Dsuvia.
Many patients in a workers' compensation cohort have persistent opioid use.
A "Pain and Stress Management" program for the management of chronic pain, was found to be effective in alleviating pain, diminishing stress, promoting self-management of pain, and ameliorating general well-being.
A bipartisan bill meant to combat the United States' opioid abuse epidemic was signed into law October 24 by President Donald Trump.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder