White Matter Hyperintensities Demonstrate Specific Spatiotemporal Evolution in Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction SyndromeJuly 18, 2018
The characteristics of white matter hyperintensities were assessed to provide information on the underlying mechanisms of these lesions in individuals with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome.
Researchers sought to assess the prevalence of concomitant prescribing of opioid analgesics with a triptan or a serotogeneric antidepressant in individuals with migraine.
Anticonvulsant drugs are ineffective for chronic low back pain and can cause harm, despite a recent increase in prescribing.
New laws and regulations designed to limit the use of prescription narcotics may further constrain doctors' ability to treat patients.
In back-related leg pain and sciatica patients, belief in a long recovery and the number of other symptoms attributed to the pain are independently negatively associated with improvement.
A novel, innovative initiative is being developed to help end addiction over the long term.
Use of medications for opioid use disorder is associated with a reduction in all-cause and opioid-related mortality after opioid overdose.
The US Drug Enforcement Administration's 2014 ruling to reschedule hydrocodone combination products coincided with an increase in illicit trading of opioids through online illicit markets.
Nine online networks have been warned that they must stop illegally marketing potentially dangerous, and misbranded versions of opioid medications.
A recall of the opioid overdose antidote Naloxone was announced Monday.
A NDA has been submitted for NKTR-181, an opioid analgesic molecule designed to provide pain relief with fewer CNS-mediated side effects.
For older adults with chronic pain, psychological interventions have small benefits, including reducing pain and catastrophizing beliefs.
For individuals with chronic spinal pain, pain neuroscience education combined with cognition-targeted motor control training seems more effective than PT.
Individuals with chronic vs episodic migraine may be more likely to experience chronic back pain, chronic pain, neck pain, anxiety, and depression.
Higher education, illicit drug use, depression, and pain interference with normal work are significantly associated with opioid misuse.
State implementation of medical marijuana laws is associated with a reduction in the rate of opioid prescribing.
The study included 110,184 adults (mean age: 76 years) newly started on gabapentin therapy in Ontario, Canada.
The reasons for and against recommending acupuncture as pain treatment are discussed.
The odds of gabapentin overuse are significantly higher in patients who were co-prescribed opioids.
For youth, poor sleep worsens the associations between PTSD symptoms and chronic pain.
Another case of unusual amnestic syndrome that includes bilateral hippocampal lesions on MRI has been described.
Disposal of unused opioids after surgery is improved with an educational brochure.
The authors examined the demographic and geographic variation and the correlation between the local economic environment and measures of individual opioid prescriptions.
There is a growing emphasis on provider responsibility with the increasing focus of the overprescribing of opioids.
Higher-concentration intranasal naloxone has similar efficacy to that of intramuscular naloxone given at the same dose for reversal of opioid overdose.
Chronic pain is common after traumatic brain injury.
There is a significantly increased risk of prescription opioid deaths for those born between 1947 and 1964.
There may be more health benefits at a lower cost with immediate access to opioid agonist treatment for patients with opioid use disorder.
Chronic pain symptoms in patients with PDPN are effectively reduced with spinal cord stimulation.
Significant structural and functional brain changes in movement and pain regions are demonstrated by patients with CRPS.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment
- Vigadrone Available for Refractory Complex Partial Seizures, Infantile Spasms
- Migraines Significantly Reduce Visual Quality of Life
- Patient Experience Officers Can Play Key Role in Medical Offices
- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy May Be Associated With Increased Autism and ADHD Risk