Generic Name and Formulations:
Alitretinoin 0.1%; gel.
Indications for PANRETIN:
Cutaneous lesions of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma (KS).
Apply twice daily to lesions (avoid mucous membranes and normal skin); do not occlude; may increase to 3–4 times daily as tolerated. Reduce frequency or suspend treatment if local toxicity occurs.
Not for use when systemic KS therapy required. Avoid sun, UV light. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increases DEET toxicity (avoid).
Photosensitivity, rash, pruritus, pain, exfoliative dermatitis, paresthesia, edema.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics