Generic Name and Formulations:
Alitretinoin 0.1%; gel.
Indications for PANRETIN:
Cutaneous lesions of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma (KS).
Apply twice daily to lesions (avoid mucous membranes and normal skin); do not occlude; may increase to 3–4 times daily as tolerated. Reduce frequency or suspend treatment if local toxicity occurs.
Not for use when systemic KS therapy required. Avoid sun, UV light. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increases DEET toxicity (avoid).
Photosensitivity, rash, pruritus, pain, exfoliative dermatitis, paresthesia, edema.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis