Generic Name and Formulations:
Olopatadine (as HCl) 0.6% (665mcg/spray); aqueous nasal spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PATANASE:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
2 sprays in each nostril twice daily.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 1 spray in each nostril twice daily.
Other nasal diseases: not recommended. Avoid eyes. Monitor for nasal mucosal changes. Discontinue if nasal ulceration develops. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Bitter taste, headache, epistaxis, throat pain, post-nasal drip, cough, UTIs, nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, somnolence; children also: upper respiratory tract infection, pyrexia, rash.
Nasal spray pump—30.5g (240 sprays)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure