Generic Name and Formulations:
Olopatadine (as HCl) 0.6% (665mcg/spray); aqueous nasal spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PATANASE:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
2 sprays in each nostril twice daily.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 1 spray in each nostril twice daily.
Other nasal diseases: not recommended. Avoid eyes. Monitor for nasal mucosal changes. Discontinue if nasal ulceration develops. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Bitter taste, headache, epistaxis, throat pain, post-nasal drip, cough, UTIs, nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, somnolence; children also: upper respiratory tract infection, pyrexia, rash.
Nasal spray pump—30.5g (240 sprays)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics