PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg; per 15mL; fruit punch-flavored; contains sodium 13mg/15mL.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER:
Prevention of dry, hard stools. Occasional constipation.
<2yrs: not recommended. Mix liq in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 2–11yrs: 50mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Max 150mg/day. Results usually within 12–72 hrs; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Concurrent mineral oil use: not recommended.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL