PEDIALYTE POWDER PACKS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextrose 5.7g, sodium 10.6Eq, potassium 4.7mEq, chloride 8.3mEq, Calories 23; per pack; contains acesulfame; apple, fruit punch, grape, or strawberry flavor.
Indications for PEDIALYTE POWDER PACKS:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild to moderate diarrhea and vomiting.
Mix one pack with 8oz of water and drink. <1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: Give every 1–4hrs; intake: 32–64oz/day.
As sole therapy in severe continuing diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction or perforated bowel. Anuria, oliguria, or impaired homeostatic mechanism.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Liq (flavored)—1L; Liq (unflavored)—2oz, 1L; Singles (6.8oz)—16; Pwd (packets)—4, 8; Pops—16
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Apheresis Associated With Clinical Improvement in Early Active Multiple Sclerosis
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- A Convenient Truth: The Problem With Seizure Under-Reporting and How to Fix It
- Incidence of Serotonin Syndrome With Co-Prescription of Triptans, Antidepressants
- Idiopathic Parkinson Disease May Increase Risk for Overactive Bladder
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective as Adjunctive Treatment for Refractory Epilepsy